Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Slow down or die!

A warning for Silicon Valley? Researchers found that turning back the clock by an hour (end of daylight savings time) implies fewer heart attacks! It's probably the extra hour of sleep!

Conversely, losing an hour of sleep caused more heart attacks at the onset of daylight savings time, especially on the first 3 days of the week.

Now - I have not yet died of a heart attack (as demonstrated by this blog post), but I have had issues with sleeping enough! Don't ask me why, but I keep waking up earlier than I need to! I'm sure this is also a problem for lots of other folks in the valley - so the question is - is there a higher incidence of heart attacks (health issues) in cities (countries) that are moving at the speed of Silicon?

This is a good report by the Swedish researchers! Yaaa!

No comments: