Friday, October 31, 2008

Maradona - an interesting move!

Walking along the corridor in Maracana stadium in Brazil last month, where the mighty Diego Maradona and other football greats also walked, I had to stop and freeze that moment in time.

Now, it appears as though Maradona is really going to coach Argentina's national team!! Interesting move indeed! FIFA has compiled 10 important days in his life, but the event that defines him is surely the second goal against England in the 1986 World Cup (after the hand of god goal).

True story: A few days before his drug test turned out positive, I had a dream that he was wearing pyjamas and banian (Kolkata street style), and "taking drugs" - I was scolding him in the dream!! Everyone I told about the dream had a good laugh, until he was thrown out unceremoniously from the 1994 world cup a few days later! Argentina went downhill in the tournament after that point.

Risky move! But I will be rooting for Argentina and Brazil!

No comments: