Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mamma Mia - it's all about pizza(gna)!

When I talk about Google Custom Search, as I did at SearchMasters, I often use the pizza analogy:

Custom Search allows you to take the slices of the Web that you care about, and put your own toppings on it (customize) - so you can make it caliente, or use a special chicken tikka masala topping on it - have it your way!

So it is only karma that the example we used for illustrating the newest feature -- promotions -- has something to do with pizza! In fact, Pizzagna is an invention of Tom Duerig, one of my colleagues - it is a mashup between Pizza and Lasagna! In Tom's own words:
"What was my vision?" you ask. A pizza with the depth and character of a lasagna. A lasagna that you could pick up with your hand and eat like a pizza. A match made in heaven?
I thought he was joking, until he told me that he actually did this!! Check it out and let me know in your comments if it works out well...

Next? Chikentikkazzagnia!

1 comment:

The Jack said...

Great post! I’m searching for this information for long time and I have found it here. I’m a lucky man and honestly It’ really important to me. Very smart, thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed. If you do not mind, please visit my article related to pandeglang district in Banten, Indonesia at Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang or Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang and if you want to learn how to speek Indonesia just see Learn Indonesia Language