Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Minority games - Cinema 3.0!


Independent of whether you do it the AMD, Nvidia way or the Intel way (the differences still kinda fuzzy in my head), the future of movies is tending towards high-quality interactivity where the viewer is immersed in the plot and makes decisions that can drive the story in various directions. Imagine making decisions in a movie like Minority Report 3 that will take you to one crime scene versus another, or choose one suspect versus another. Some of these decisions will become implicit, like how much the viewer is sweating, or if the heart is pounding, when the last heart attack happened, and if there's aspirin in the bloodstream!

Is it a movie or a game?

GTA 4 seems to be headed in the same direction. My 13-year-old son was telling me things about the game (he's not allowed to play it) that I thought I wouldn't be talking to him about until he was 16!

I pretended to be nonchalant!

No comments: