Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Greener Sixth Sense


Ever since I saw this video (YouTube copy here) of MIT's 6th sense, I've wanted to write about it. Watch it in its entirety - it even elicited a "way cool" from my otherwise stoic teen - his Vulcan emotional integrity was severely compromised!!

Seeing the article on the Green laser turning cell phones into projectors brought this concept right back to the forefront!

Couple the MIT 6th sense technology with razor-sharp laser display on any surface, add voice control, and you have a serious paradigm shift.

In fact, one of the things that's been happening with mobile devices (and I was convinced needed to happen) - repurposing an application for the small form factor, e.g., Android and iPhone apps for Gmail and Facebook - may actually get reversed! If I can project from a tiny phone to a larger surface (anywhere), why do I need a constrained application screen size? I would have the choice of not even using the device screen; instead, project to the nearest surface, use a rollable bluetooth OLED display that I carry in my pocket, or the virtual projection in my glasses!

Going green may just mean something entirely different!

1 comment:

The Jack said...

Great post! I’m searching for this information for long time and I have found it here. I’m a lucky man and honestly It’ really important to me. Very smart, thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed. If you do not mind, please visit my article related to pandeglang district in Banten, Indonesia at Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang or Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang and if you want to learn how to speek Indonesia just see Learn Indonesia Language