Note: In the above photos, note how the image on the right is blurred due to excessive speed :-)
Kobe and I were both born on the same day - August 23. I did not know this when I started writing this blog post! I think that’s an awesome coincidence!!
Ok - let’s start with what’s not in common between me and Kobe Bryant:
- He’s tall, I’m short
- He is a professional basketball player - I’m an amateur table tennis player
- He has 5 NBA rings. I have more patents :-) (yeah sure, everyone cares!)
- He launches three-pointers. I launch products.
- He’s rich. I’m not.
- We share a birthday.
- We both like Michael Jordan. We both think Jordan's the greatest basketball player ever.
- We both love soccer. We are both fans of Barcelona.
- We both ruptured the achilles tendon on our left legs in 2013 :-(
Kobe’s getting ready to get back to the game in a record 3.5 months - he’s been diving into a pool from 40 feet already!
His idea of 40+ : “If I can run, I can jump.”
My idea of 40+ : "Will I be able to play table tennis/soccer again?"