Some of the skills one needs to have in India to cross a road, especially a busy one like the Old Madras Road, are guts, incremental planning and goal-setting, and the ability to discern speed accurately!
Actually, it's exactly like playing Frogger! Only - if you get killed in the game, you're actually dead, i.e., you can't restart!
Here are some tips for playing Frogger - Bangalore Edition:
- Don't take chances with the big buses and lorries(trucks).
- If you can't cross all the way, that's fine - just stop until you can continue (without getting hit)
- If there's a median, life is peachy - plan only to get to the median - then worry about the rest
- Those small Maruti cars and vans can be pretty zippy - watch out!
- Motorcycles and scooters are a pain - they can't kill you, but can hurt you - so don't completely ignore them!
"Can't cross" ...a likely story!