Monday, October 13, 2008

Dream on, iPhone! (?)

Well well well...it seems that there's a little fight in the offing! News that there have been 1.5 million Dream phones pre-ordered bt T-Mobile from HTC  indicates that the iPhone may indeed have some interesting competion in the near term, although there's some scepticism about the numbers.

The iPhone, which just assumed the position of the 2nd best-selling handset in the U.S., is a worthy target!

The Dream is the Google Android phone (also known as G1). This,  in addition to the funky virtual keyboard with haptic feedback promised by the Blackberry Storm, constitutes interesting timing.

Let the games begin. 

Who is the Dream team? 

2 comments:

Pe said...

I really like the direction this is taking, and I'm keen in getting one for myself when they come to Ireland. But as a current iPhone user I really think the design of the device is somewhat a bit of a "party pooper" for me. I'd really love to see this in a better looking device.

rajat.mukherjee said...

i agree - i am not too hot about it myself (compared to the iPhone, it feels a little clunky...)